Following the formation of a Boundary Review Committee and recommendations to the Board of Bowls Queensland. The BQ Board would like to implement the following changes to the District and Zone Boundaries within Queensland:
- Brisbane North DBA merge with Caboolture DBA, Brisbane North DLBA merge with Caboolture DLBA with a new name to be agreed upon.
- During this merger, the following Brisbane North District Clubs will transfer into the Brisbane District: Aspley, Banyo, Chermside, Geebung, Hamilton, Northern Suburbs and Toombul.
- The remainder of Brisbane North District Clubs will merge with all Caboolture District Clubs except Glasshouse Country BC who will transfer into the Sunshine Coast District.
- Clifton BC will move from Southern Downs District to the Downs District.
- Esk BC and Toogoolawah BC will move from Cunningham District to the Downs District.
- Following the merger of Districts, the new makeup of Zones will be:
- Zone 1: Gold Coast/Tweed District.
- Zone 2: Cunningham District and Gateway District.
- Zone 3: Condamine District, Downs District, Maranoa Warrego District and Southern Downs District.
- Zone 4: Brisbane District, (Brisbane North/Caboolture District) and Sunshine Coast District.
- Zone 5: Fraser Coast DBA/Wide Bay Gympie DLBA and Burnett District.
- Zone 6: Bundaberg District, Port Curtis District and Central QLD District.
- Zone 7: Leichhardt District and Mackay District.
- Zone 8: Tropical Far North QLD District, North QLD District and North-West QLD District. As per Bowls Queensland’s Constitution 21.8:
An affiliated Club or District/s may within 60 days of any intended changes appeal against the decision to BQ Board of management.
Kerry Green Vice President
Boundary Review Coordinator